Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Gluten Free Weddings!

Some of you may have noticed that I have not been my usual chatty self lately. That's because I have been hard at work planning my own gluten free wedding! Any gluten free bride can tell you how difficult it can be to find an accommodating venue. I searched high and low and I feel like I've seen it all! Some venues will charge you extra, DON'T FALL FOR IT!! Many of the foods that are traditional wedding fare are already gluten free, speak to the chef and the head of the venue and come up with a menu that suits all guests with or without gluten. Here are some ideas of gluten free foods served at my own wedding: braised short ribs, paella, smoked salmon and cream cheese pinwheels, chicken and pesto pinwheels, potatoes stuffed with gorgonzola cheese, prime rib, mashed potatoes and veggies, cheese platters, fruit platters, veggie platters ... you get my drift! Find the venue that works with you. You must feel comfortable with your venue and know that they are safe for you. Your wedding day is no time for accidental glutening!

2 comments:

  1. Great, I was already feeling horrible that I missed your big day, now I more bummed that I missed out on what sounds like some great grub. We've been gluten free the last few weeks. Maryrose tested negative for Celiac, but the doc thinks she might have a gluten intolerance. Thanks for all your handy dandy tips. She LOVES mussels, so we might be trying your latest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to share such great info..All tips are useful and will be in use...

    ReplyDelete