Tuesday, May 29, 2012

World's Easiest Paella

Paella can be made very easily and there are so many versions of it. You could use shrimp, clams, chorizo, sausages, chicken, fish, mussels, or any combo of these things. I used flounder filets and mussels because its what I had in my freezer but get creative! This is also a good meal to hide veggies in if you have a green fearing child ( or husband as I have!) Also, this makes a huge portion, easily feeding 5 - 6 people. Stay fab!


World’s Easiest Paella
2 bags of boil in the bag brown rice
½ bag of frozen peas (I used peas, carrots and corn)
1 lb. flounder filets (roughly cut)
½ lb. of mussels (cleaned, you can also use frozen mussels in a broth, I used Pier 33 Gourmet)
2 chicken bouillon cubes (I used Herbox but you can you any gluten free kind)
1 med onion chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 TBSP olive oil
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 cups of water
¼ tsp turmeric
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 bag of sazon ( I used Knorr brand but most brands I have seen are g-free)
Directions
1.     Put olive oil in a large sauté pan with a lid. Cook onion and garlic in pan.
2.     Once almost translucent, add rice, diced tomatoes, water, bouillon cubes and all spices. Allow to boil for about a minute.
3.     Add the fish, mussels and frozen veggies and stir.



No comments:

Post a Comment