Sunday, July 22, 2012

Easy Mac and Cheesy

I am not a fan of gluten free boxed mac and cheese. Maybe I am just spoiled from my childhood memories of creamy boxed mac and cheeses. Looking back, what I was consuming was probably just chemicals and dyes but it was good and that what counts right? Ok, now I'm starting to sound like childhood me!Anyway, I can really get down with some good mac and cheese. Here is my recipe, feel free to get down with it as well.


Easy Mac And Cheesy 

Ingredients

1 bag (12 oz)  of prepared gluten free macaroni of your choice
1 1/2 cup of fat free milk 
2 cups of shredded low fat cheddar cheese 
1 tablespoon of butter
2 TBSP of cornstarch 

Directions :

  1. Prepare pasta of your choice as directed. Strain all water and rinse with cold water to stop the pasta from continuing to cook.
  2. In a medium sauce pot, melt the butter over low heat.
  3. Add milk and stir. Allow milk to heat through but not boil. (about 4- 5 minutes)
  4. Add the shredded cheddar cheese and stir until all the cheese is melted.
  5. To thicken sauce, combine 2 TBSP of cornstarch with cold water and stir until the cornstarch is melted. Slowly add the cornstarch to the sauce whisking it in little by little and stopping when you reach your desired consistency.
  6. Stir in pasta and salt and pepper to taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment