Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thank GAWD its not potatoes!

I recently returned from my honeymoon. A week away from my celiac safe kitchen and trusting perfect strangers to prepare my 3 meals a day (I suppose it was really like 5 meals a day but who's counting?) Hello celiac anxiety! For the amount of meals I ate, I did pretty well if you don't count the day I didn't leave my fabulous five star bathroom, but I'll spare you the details! Anyway, I tend to stick to potatoes when I go out to eat and after a weeks worth of eating potatoes, I am done with a capital D! So I de - tatered myself when I came home. I experimented with other sides and came up with some yummy stuff I can't wait to share with you. Hopefully, absence makes the heart grow founder and I will be able to eat a potato soon. In the meantime, enjoy my roasted turnip recipe. A turnip is basically a big ugly (sorry turnips!) root vegetable that is high in vitamin C. Turnips are also really affordable and have a long shelf life for storing.


Parmesan Roasted Turnips


Ingredients

4 medium sized turnips peeled and cut into sections
 1/8 tsp of paprika 
1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
2 TBSPs of Olive Oil
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper 

Directions



  • Preheat oven to 475 degrees. 
  • Combine the turnips with all the ingredients and toss well until evenly coated.
  •  Spread onto a baking sheet in a single layer and bake until golden brown on both sides. 
  • Cook about 30 minutes and flip turnips half way through.


No comments:

Post a Comment