Sunday, January 22, 2012

Why is gluten free bread so expensive?

I am a naturally inquisitive person, I always want to know why things are the way they are. Here’s a question that has been plaguing me for some time now. What is up with gluten free bread? For the most part I try to make all my foods from scratch but in today’s busy world I don’t always have the time. but as soon as I ring up my pre-made gluten free bread I am reminded how costly it is! So, being the curious cat I am, I wanted to know WHY!? I set out to find the answer and hopefully the answer will lead to a solution. Now, to be clear, I am not opposed to purchasing gluten free bread. I applaud companies for making the lives of the G-free hassle free, we have it hard enough, right? However, most gluten free breads leave a lot to be desired in taste and size. According to Quizville on Amazon the cost of the bread is more due to low demand. And companies need to make their profit so they mark of their prices…understandable but it that it? If so, I am positive that we can figure out a cheaper, more delicious version of the store bought kind. Another site claims that the flours used to make the gluten free breads are more costly, so what if you make them yourself? I will continue to explore this topic and others in order to make our lives easier, less expensive and most of all more delicious! I’ll keep you posted! Until then stay fab!

No comments:

Post a Comment